
I have had 5goals this year - did 2. Still time do do the others? No not 2of them cos they are date dependant e.g. Visiting the cave at ingle borough which is only open to the public on bank holidays so have to wait until Easter for at one. You have to be lowered down by a winch several hundred feet into this massive gaping cave. I like the sound.....! I might just be able to squeeze the 4th one with a climb of Ingle borough hill before the end of the year. The photo , incase you were wondering, is of hadrians wall in the north of England which was a new place for me and it was great to see it ( roman emperor, edge of the Roman Empire, build a big wall, keep the scots out etc. ) Also did my first 10k (and I am claiming it in just under 1hour as apparently we ran more than 10k at the tholthorpe one where my time was 1hour and 16secs) and of course.... Must not forget my first half marathon, the great north.
Ok so why so few running posts? Cos I haven't been running. I have been doing a Spinning class which is bloody hard but seems to have kept my fitness up as I went for 2 runs recently and they were ok. Hilly Sutton, the one where you have to start at the base of the white horse and make it up all the vertical steps without passing out. Then yesterday, a lovely little trot with the ballet mums ( ballet seems to be in 2camps, the ones who run(3or4of us) and those who sit and chat and probably bit h about us runners). I was worried about this run as I haven't been for a while and usually they trot round while I pant my way through but this time I was absolutely fine and felt great. So much so that I intend to do the same today at the gruelling 2hour dress rehersal. How keen am I . Just off to find a route on google earth as the boss , who lives near, has not fulfilled my request to suggest a route. Thanks boss!
No comments:
Post a Comment