Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Bit of a training low this week but made the barjkalifa!
The training doldrums were interspersed with good shopping and quality family time and of course my baking masterpiece.... The barj...........I will explain. The bairn continues to request increasingly complicated birthday cakes and this year , at school, the bairns are studying mega structures and the barj kalifa features heavily , so.......I was asked to bake that as her cake. HAVE YOU SEEN IT ?? The tallest building in the world....! Also I am a rubbish baker so after a couple of hours of toil I produced this effort and then had to lie down for a bit.....i think you will agree that i have no intension of branching out into cake baking as a business any time soon....any way, as for the running/training, feeling like very little achieved in the past week, eaten too much, only just recovered from the vicious workout with the latest village hall shouty boss which was soooo hard it took me a week to walk properly before I could do any sort of run and then did a crappy one on sat and an ok but too short one yesterday. No real enthusiasm at the min but since I have actually entered the tri, I need to get my act together and sharp ish. Think the first step is to try the tri on fri afternoon - 14k spin, 7k tun and then a 500 m swim, in the wrong order but i am damned if i am going to do the swim first and cycle in wet underwear until the actual race . next step after that, book a swimming lesson . Might mix spin and circuits as spin alone is not doing it for me at the min and despite the pain from the new shouty boss, I certainly responded to his army 'work your lazy ass people 'manner !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment