Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Another park run done 5k race!

Took a lot of effort to get up and out for this one. Not so much a military operation like the first 5k park run, more a ... Oh no, it's morning and I have to get up and haul my body around a park for 3long , hard laps. I did prepare better though. Carb loaded the night befor. No booze... But still only managed to knock a few seconds off my last race. 28.07 versus 28.50. I tried really hard, tried to run a bit faster at the start, still overtaken by loads but definately upped the pace. Really felt out of puff, struggling for breath on the second lap and as usual, picked up the pace for a strong finish which started a bit earlier than on my last race and I think this is where I made my gains. I was a bit disappointed but then i spoke to a couple of runners and they said that shaving off that amount of time , even though only seconds, was good going so I feel a bit better but need to really focus when back from the US although I know it will hurt like hell......

No comments:

Post a Comment