Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Nova runs Chiacgo ....

Hello y'all, long time no speak/blog but back from the USA and a couple of runs to report. First one was a good one with very fast and long time triathalon expert so I was in for it from the start. Mind you I felt pretty fresh and ready to keep a decent pace but she was still very much jogging while I was at what I thi k they call threshold pace. We did around 5k I think along the shoreline of lake Michigan and round the aquarium which was lovely to get some fresh air as had been indoors for 2days and desperate for some air and exercise. Tried my very best to run faster but had to do short spurts and was so very grateful when we had to stop at traffic lights. Anyway ...run one done. Ate a shed load to compensate... Run no. 2was a short but sweet jog around the bridges and river walk. Probably about 3k and again glad for the traffic lights. Last run was along the magnificent mile so at least I did over a mile and then on to the first little beach I could find where I dipped my hand in to the lake and then ran back , probably about 3to 4 k again but slow and steady with sore knees all the way. That's it for exercise, lots of walking in uncomfortable shoes but sooooo much food consumed. Have some great photos to share so will up load. Hope all is well with you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment