Sunday, 5 August 2012

Hello from an olympitastic weekend!

Well I never..... And that is I never enjoyed the olympics so much and that is not just because it is held over here (Gawd save  out gracious Queenie and all that)  but I am really , and I mean REALLY enjoying the Olympics this year. Loving it in fact.  Partly because I now know what it actually means to run 10'000m and 5,000m !!! Ok so a little slower than MO (1hour rather than 30secs!!) but my goodness, having run that distance ...and yes, I ran it today as well and GLORIOUSLY ... On my own, without anyone's help, I can at last relate to fit people, you know, the sort who actually runs regularly, which might just make me a sort of RUNNER!!! So pleased for MO, Jess and all the medalists and I hope your country is doing well and that you are enjoying it as much as me. Anyway, back to that solo run..... My usual 10k route  but it is quite a big thing to do it on my now with no-one to keep pace or boost me  and this means I can do that distance and probably even longer on myOWN! this time last year I could not have imagined running 10 k at all, let alone a 16k or 10k on my own. So it really has been a .. Super SAT and SUN for me and please keep enjoying the UK/GB games! Smaller than I would like total...( 15 k this week ) but bloody hell.... Who  cares!!!
P.s. am I saying ' on my own' a lot tonight!! Cos I love that I can do  these things without help. Bizarre, but there you go! 



No comments:

Post a Comment