Saturday, 4 May 2013

One day to go to the tri......not nervous but less confident than the GNR

Suppose cos I will be doing it on my own this time, will be totally new to me and a stretch given the limited training I have done. Mind you, complete rest (or as near s damn it  ) over the last couple of days ip might just mean I get a bit of a rush on the day and can find extra energy I seem to be lacking recently. Bike news though, traded in my piece of crap for another dodgy but significantly lighter piece of crap with road tyres. Following the hills on Thursday (might not have posted about this but went to an old haunt where I did some good training with the boss in the past and spent an hour and a half getting lost, mainly walking but maybe 3k if running with that steep hill to climb totally out of Brest for all of it and then fast walking in between - good way to clear the head but getting lost in a dark forest was a little scary) did a swim this morning and a quick cycle on he new bike. Tomorrow will do a short circuit of kirk and then now't , no booze nd low ads of carbs:).
I guess it helps when you have additional support but not this time, lets just bloody well go for it. Try to finish, try to not come totally last and try to smile......... And not need a wee half way through...... Keep The Faith for me my friends and
 your fingers and toes crossed ! By the way I bought a cheap tri suit - and. Mean cheap...so cheap that I
went for the blue and pink one , and I would never go for pink..... Only cos it was the cheapest. Bit tight, not quite the figure of Chrissey Wellington  with a whole heap if curves but so bloody what. This is clearly not a fashion show
with mirrors and hp hair dryers.. This is he world of the TRI...... a world in which I intend to dip my big toe in to, give an almighty grin to all taking part, and make a quick exit.






Jonny B Goode

Bad moon rising

Blockbuster

Proud mary
Rock and Roll is king
I love to boogie
Hi ho silver lining
Eight days a week
Keep on running
Can’t buy me love
 no loos let alone mirrors and hair dryers. This is the hardcore world of TRI!

No comments:

Post a Comment