Friday, 12 April 2013
Mighty duo and on the new bike! Much needed boost
Well I went for a spin on the new bike, planning to do a road session and then immediately a run, a bit longer than the first circuit of the village earlier in the week (and let's face it, you couldn't get any shorter) and glory be.... Didn't I end up doing around 20k and immediately followed by a 2.5miles run! Legs a total wobble own the run and did it at a snails pace but at least I got round. This provided a much needed boost for me during what has been a crap ..the only word to use here... Run up training plan for this tri. I don't feel like I have achieved anything but of course , I have achieved a bit. Can now do 2 consecutive front crawl lengths ,,might have to revert back to breast stroke but at least I am able to do that. The road session yesterday makes me realise I am ok with this bit and training on a heavy old bike should help me fly a bit faster in the day. Dinky danke as I usually say. The run is surprisingly, the scary bit for me. Will I have anything left in the tank to finish the race and get me round the 7k? Not so sure now but still feeling better about the whole thing. At last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment