Saturday, 7 July 2012
6k run almost a swim
Things feel a bit slow on the running front at the minute like I am not making any progress, have not done a race in a while and am not pushing myself or being pushed. I need to re focus and get back in the zone or whatever people do. I did manage a 6k run today after swimming with the bairn which was quite lovely in itself as the golf course was closed due to the flooding and the river run was inches frombeing flooded so I was right by the water of the fast flowing, swollen river. The water was right there beside me about a foot away and it felt so strnage to be almost touching this great big river which is normally quite a few feet below the bank. Parts of the run were totally waterlogged so I just bogged on in there....well once the feet are wet there is no point in worrying.
So, where are we re the big race. I make it just over 2 months or so - 8or 9 weeks to go and that is really scary. I have only managed to run 12/13k max - . 8 -9 miles and want to get over the 13mile mark before I actually run the race. Will train with iron woman next week when I am on a course (this of course will be really hard and humiliating but need to). Then I need to go for the next 10k race on Sunday week. Then another one in August and a big long run. Might have to join the local running club as soon as I am back as I am concerned about training time with the boss. My knees feel fine tonight , probably because I was running on such spongy ground so I reckon I will do the small circuit of kirk tomorrow morning if the heavens don't open. Good will and support from anyone who has happened on this blog more than once(not sure if that applies to anyone) would be soooooooooo welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment