Friday, 13 July 2012
Blimey ...a mini du Athalon..and I liked it!
Ok so didn't expect a du at halon (not even sure if that is how you spell it , is it duathalon, or duo as in 2athalon...dust halon looks right but best google that one) but that is what I did tonight. Only a mini one, 15 min warm up on the spin bike, 2.4 mile run, then 20 mins on the spin bike and finally followed by another 2.4 mile run. Great. The caramel shortbread half way round was a help but looked bad in a gym, on spin bike, eating that...! Anyway, needs must and I did not know what I needed as have never done one. Reckon the crumbly short bread covered in smooth creamy caramel and topped with a generous, thick, sweet layer of rich milk chocolate helped. ANYWAY .... This is not about foooooood , it is about the running and I reckon the girl did good this week. I was away on a course all week and did a little, gentle run around the town I used to live in, pretty park, castle and general trip down memory lane. Great stuff. Then a wicked session in the gym at the uni with big weights and a run the next day which took about 50 mins ending with my duo athLon although I reckon this won't be the end as I will squeeze in a run on Sunday. LLL is doing a park run tomorrow morning so good luck with that and he better not smash my time although I reckon he will. Never mind .... Keep the faith. Tough week but I feel good now. On the up I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment