Sunday, 22 April 2012
Back &forth over the river bridge-a sure way to make the golfers scratch their heads
Decided to do a quick recky of the 10k race site as I wanted to know (a) exactly what type of "hills" I was really going to have to face and (b) find out where the start was and of upmost importance, where the loos were. Did not want to go round the drivable bits of the course as I still want to be pleasantly surprised (or traumatised). As i got closer to the race village i noticed the terrain moving from really flat, to mildly undulating and then distinctly hilly... The race village was pretty, the terrain was truly, truly hilly and the last ( I don't really know distances but it seemed like around a MILE) stage was a very, very steep climb... However, it is not a question of will i do it but of i will do it and it might take a bit longer but so bloody what... A year ago i did not think i could run a 3k let alone a hilly 10 k! I I will think of the amazing Chrissey Wellington who says pain is transitory, my colleague, Maddie,IRON woman , the boss, IRON MAN! The Lee genetics which I have not inhereted but still try to plug into and finally those wonderful marathon runners, running for whatever charity , Jane Tomlinson and her wonderful family... I will
Keep the faith this week , crack on and do first 10k race.... Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment