Monday, 23 April 2012

The plan for the week -6 sleeps to go....

6 sleeps and in reality 4 days of training until the race. Not counting Saturday as that will be a rest day. LLLee thinks I am going a bit bonkers about it as I seem to be relating everything to the mammoth task ahead of me on Sunday. Of course, this is mainly for effect as it is only a bloody 10k which I have ran before and I will love it no matter what but having a bit of fun with the drama of it all. Even managed to remark during 'Lawerence fo Arabia' desperate desert scene that his terrible plight was pretty much what I would be facing on that last hill before the finish. So the plan for this week looks like this; Today - swim . Rubbish one actually cos the pool was full of kids splashing about , which is what I would prefer to do and the swimming teacher watching my dodgy attempts at goggle swimming and then reverting back to breast stroke with a whole heap of bad habits and poor technique there too I am sure. Anyway, at least I exercised a bit. Tues - gym, resistance training and bit of cross training , interval style. Wed - hill running with the boss and probably the most important session before the race. Thurs - depending in how I feel, weights and core or bit of gentle swimming. Fri - longish run with LLLee , maybe 6 to 8 k? Maybe less. Sat - absolutely now't. That's the plan anyway! {:

No comments:

Post a Comment