Sunday, 29 April 2012

HA HA BLOODY MARVELLOUS! First 10k race done.....

And it was bloody marvellous! Hard but really good fun. The weather was truly awful but the rain did not stop me, I guess the adrenalin helps you ignore it. I told a lady in the queue beside me (also her first race) at I was hoping , worst case scenario 1hour 30mins... Best case, 1hour 15 and at this point she looked at me agog... She tried not to look surprised at the times I suggested but she was and so were the other very fit runners around her who heard . Well... The day was windy and wet and I had seen hail so I thought this was a realistic time for a first timer in this kind of wuthering heights backdrop. The fantastic news is that I completed it in 1hour and 16seconds. I am still sitting here with a mile-wide -smile. So happy with that result and only walked a teeny tiny bit at the top of the killer hill just before the finish. Mind you, if I had tried to keep going at that point I might have come in under the hour... The mind boggles. I have to say a massive thanks to the boss who ran with me for the first mile and a bit and kept my pace good, showed me how to just go for it on the wild moor stretch where others were pussy footing around the puddles and bog whereas he just piled on through and if he got wet... So what. So I did the same and I reckon this helped my time nicely. Also ended up 200 th out of 263 runner and happy with that as I thought I was going to be last for sure. Also big thanks to the bairn and LLLee for standing at the bottom of the last and truely horrible hill to keep me going as I was flagging. This was a hard race . Soooo glad I did it though. Have some photos and will post them in a bit. Off to the local pup for a nice meal and maybe a glass of bubbles...!mmmmmmmm.








No comments:

Post a Comment