Sunday, 1 April 2012
New shoes at last
An early birthday present - (dinky danke) of new shoes , trail shoes and insoles. Tried them out today on the long circuit (5k) which took another 28 mins and resulted in a teeny tiny blister but nowt to cry about. At least i realised that the insoles don't go on top of the ones already there ...eventually ....as trainers felt extremely snug until I took the original pair out. Beautiful afternoon to run and a lovely clear view of the vale. Wildlife count , only 1 angry oyster catcher (probably too close to the nest) and really felt like it was hard going at two points with the usual doubts of 'will I really run all the way today?' happening on both occasions but pushed through and as I patiently waited for my second wind, I got it around joan's house and the last half mile seemed to just slide by beautifully. Wonder why that is..? First mile slow , second up and down , third glides by. I still never really know how much fuel there is in the tank during the last mile and I am reluctant to push incase I have to do the 'walk of shame' on the last few hundred yards but at some point I will have to really push myself. Maybe this week. Yep, this week at some point. Will let you know how it goes. Mind you we are expecting snow at the end of the week so that might mean the walk of shame for the full 5k! How is the weather with you my Global friends?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment