Saturday, 28 April 2012

One much needed sleep to go...

Having spent the night in hospital beside the bairn, a physically and mentally exhausted me has prepped all her gear and is about to go to bed to get some much needed sleep before the race tomorrow... and apparently it will be a shocking day-high winds, rain , mist.... Delightful! It might mean, though, that I don 't actually see the hills I have to negotiate so that might help. I am not sure about what to wear for the rainy, cold day. The chap in the running shop today said the best thing for running in the rain is just your skin.... Well I do not intend to run this starkers so instead I have lined up an entire shops worth of clothing options currently lining the upstairs bannister and will bring a few options with me. Note -I am obsessing over the small stuff to forget the big stuff... Like finishing the course and in a time which means I can keep a degree of dignity. The bit I am actually looking forward to is the boggy moor. Should be fun. I am , at heart , not scared of a "bit of weather" having grown up in the constant drizzle of North East Ireland and having been shoved into a freezing North Atlantic Sea from a formative age so I should be ok tomorrow. Fingers crossed please and keep the faith.... Big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment