Monday, 26 March 2012

5k smashed by the long legged Lee.

I knew it wouldn't be long but nowt gets Mr. Lee running like a time someone else (usually me) has set. So of course he went out today and smashed it. 24 min 5k with no preparation. Damn those long legs. He is 6 ft2 and 5 ft of that is legs so I will never match that ( about 2 ft of my 5ft 3 inches are legs). Anyway, went for a short 2miler with a bit of speed work and felt better after the run. Always feeling better after a run unless the knees are playing up...which they are not! Need to really buckle down to get in shape for my first 10k which will involve hills so need to work out where to find hills in the very, very flat vale of York. The boss will sort that out and lent me a gps while he is sunning himself abroad so I can keep training. Apparently lots to think about for the Great North.... Liberal application of Vaseline, weeing public, nipple rub... The joys! Good job I am doing it only the once.

No comments:

Post a Comment