Monday, 21 May 2012

Little local trot

Dragged myself out for a trot from home, the 4.6k circuit of kirk and a bit more at the end to make about 4.8k. It hurt at the start , the knees feeling sore and the right ankle deciding to join the potty party for the first time which makes me think I need to strap that fella up as well, which means I am pretty much swaddled from ankle to knee on both legs. Nevermind ... So long as I get round injury free. Saw a long legged gazelle running in front of me at one point but thank goodness she turned off into a cul de sac so I didn't have to follow her around the circuit. I hoped to feel better by 3k but as happened last time, I really only loosened and sped up by 4k and picked up my pace to what I think is threshold level (proper running talk that) till I got home. Despite the mixed review, I enjoyed it in the end and felt glad to have done it. Gyming it tomorrow and will run on Wednesday. Need to get the miles in before I head off the the USA for conference week. Hope it it sunny with you my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment