Wednesday, 23 May 2012
Snowing in May?
Much needed lovely little run today and what a beautiful day it was too. Having spent most of the day indoors I was itching to get out. No runs with the boss so far this week and had hoped to get a long one in mid week but just not possible. Being housebound plus the lack of running was, i have to confess, making me a little grumpy and i suppose st the back of my mind i m nout dure how much training i will really be able to do in Chicago next week. That added up to a bit of a downer today, something thst doesn't sit easily with me and something i am keen tp put a stop to ASAP as life is just too short. In the end a nice little 3k with 5 sets of speed work along the way did the trick. I had terrible knee niggles earlier in the day and at one point I thought I had done some real damage and my running would have to be put on hold for a while but after a bit of stretching and massage it faired ok. The river was beautiful today with some kind of lovely tree pollen/fluff being shed by little trees a bit like small willows which lined the river bank. I don't know what it was but as I ran along the river the wind was blowing gently and it seemed like I was running through snow. Delightful. It made me think just how lucky I am to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery for free.. but then I realised I had to pay gym fees to run here....so I thought about the great hill runs I do ... But of course there is a few miles to drive to get there and what with the price of petrol....anyway, the important thing is I am fit enough to run and able to really enjoy the beauty of nature which at the end of the day , as they say in Yorkshire, costs now't!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment