Sunday, 13 May 2012

The longest and one of the loveliest!

Well from a slow start this week where I was dispairing about low miles under my belt I managed to pull a blinder this morning completing my longest run so far ...13k. Delighted for a non-runner and what really makes it good is that it was a delightful run with hills , off road and great views. Started at the village pub and climbed slowly up a road to the start of the off road bit in the forest which was lovely, lots of dog walkers and bikers and generally people keeping fit and getting out in the fresh air on a Sunday morning. Then we (was with the boss... Could not attempt 13k on my own after all) headed off into a field on a small raised track with wheat and wild flowers either side (reminded me of another lovely walk in Nepal with my dad and sister and the boys as we returned from a treck through a sun dipped rice paddy field ) and then had to negotiate muddy puddles to climb up a gorse lined field through a wood to find a beautiful, silent lake. Then climbed up a very, very steep hill , ran along the top of the ridge past the gliding club and then a steep wood descent , finally back on the road to the village. I loved the run, knees sore at the end but boy, was I happy and... I think I even looked like bit of a fit person.... Will pop photo of the really muddy shoes and the view on in a bit. Wish me luck walking or generally trying to move tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment